Through the Missouri Community College Association, our nine-member consortium of technical and community colleges is preparing Missourians to meet the needs of tomorrow’s workforce. With substantial funding from the U.S. Department of Labor, we are developing innovative apprenticeship training programs that will lead to high-demand occupations in the advanced manufacturing industry.
A global leader in the industry, manufacturing represents 11.5% of Missouri’s total private sector employment with 268,693 workers across 6,954 establishments. In 2021, Missouri exported more than $12 billion in manufacturing products to markets around the world.
Registered Apprenticeship is a fully customizable, employer-driven training model that has many benefits for both employers and workers.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, employers see an average $1.47 in increased productivity for every dollar spent on an apprentice. National statistics also show there is an over 95% retention rate for employees that complete an apprenticeship program.
You need the workers of tomorrow, and Missouri’s technical and community colleges are ready to partner with you. Through MoAMP, we can deliver innovative pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship training opportunities tailored to meet your needs.
- Engage in a proven talent management system
- Connect to relevant training and increase employee skills
- Award apprenticeship credit for prior learning and competency
- Engage in succession planning and prepare for the future
- Reward productive workers and improve workplace morale
- Increase company loyalty and decrease turnover
- Employer-driven: Employers play an active role in building each program.
- Structured on-the-job learning: Apprentices receive hands-on training from an experienced mentor at the job site for at least one year.
- Related technical instruction: Apprentices receive technical and academic instruction that applies to the job, and can be provided by a college or university, a technical school, an apprenticeship training school — or by the business itself. It can be provided at the school, online, or at the job site.
- Rewards for skill gains: Apprentices receive an increase in pay as their skills and knowledge increase. Apprentices are rewarded and motivated by wage increases as they learn more and increase productivity.
- National occupational credential: Every Registered Apprenticeship graduate receives a nationally recognized credential for mastering required skills and demonstrating required knowledge to be fully proficient in the specific Registered Apprenticeship occupation.
Ready to earn as you learn, receive an industry-recognized credential, and gain the skills needed in for a career in advanced manufacturing? Apply for a MoAMP apprenticeship today!
- PAID JOB: Earn while you learn! Earn a competitive wage from day one of your training
- EDUCATION: Gain knowledge with structured classroom learning and on-the-job training
- MENTORSHIP: Receive one-on-one support from an experienced mentor
- CREDENTIALS: Build your resume with nationally recognized credentials
- Automation and Systems
- Production and Maintenance